Welcome to Joanna North Adoption
Our aim is to help Adopted families to live their best lives by understanding the lived experience of adopted children as well as increasing parental capacity, knowledge skills and confidence.
We have worked in the field for fifteen years continuously improving our service to adopted families and children. We are Ofsted registered as Outstanding and have written doctoral level research in helping to understand the experiences of adopted families. We offer services including:
- Assessment and Report Writing for Local Authorities.
- Therapeutic Care Planning for Looked After Children.
- Psychotherapy, Researching Psychology and Counselling for Children, Adults and Families.
- Ofsted Registered Adoption Support for adoptive families.
- Training and Education for Carers and Children’s Care Homes.
- Group work and support for clients.
- Ofsted Registered Adoption Intermediary Service.
In 2018 Jo North was awarded the prestigious British Psychological Society Award for Distinguished Contribution to Psychology in Practice giving her lifetime membership of the British Psychological Society.