Ofsted Registered Adoption Support Agency
Joanna North Adoption currently works under the Ofsted registration of Joanna North Associates Ltd – a sister company that provides Adoption Intermediary Services which is registered as Outstanding (Ofsted).
The application for Joanna North Adoption to register as an independent Adoption Support Agency working with families and children is with Ofsted and is pending.
Our aim is to provide professional, confidential and effective support in matters relating to adoption (both children and adults), including:
- Counselling and psychotherapy in relation to adoption for both parents and children and families
- Advice in relation to adoption
- Services in relation to the therapeutic needs of an adoptive child
- Assistance for the purpose of ensuring the relationship between an adoptive child and adopting parent continues, including training for adoptive parents for the purpose of meeting the special needs of the child
- Assistance where an adoption disruption has occurred or is in danger of occurring, including mediation services
- Assistance to adoption agencies in preparing and training adoptive parents
- Intermediary services to adults wishing to contact birth relatives (Please go to Joanna North Associates Ltd)
- Assessment using psychometric measures including Connors, Beck, Child Trauma, Child Attachment Interview and IAPT measures.
- Play therapy and child counselling
- Court reports relating to Adoption
- We also work with adopted adults offering intermediary services and finding birth relatives
Please download our Statement of Purpose to learn more.
Please see our page on our Intermediary Services:
We are developing our trainings in Non Violent Resistance to help parents where child to parent violence is present. We are also developing skills in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to help adoptive parents.
“Our Adoption would have failed if we had not had the ongoing support of Joanna North.”
Comment from an Adoptive Parent